A $50 non-refundable application fee is due with each training application.
Tuition: Long term and short term training programs
Tuition for workforce training programs (aka long term training) is based on training terms. There are two lengths of training terms, one term is 19 weeks and two terms are 38 weeks. Tuition for maritime and other shorter training (aka short term training) varies based on the course. Details for maritime training schedule and costs can be found at the maritime training website.
Long term training payment process:
- First half of the tuition, the student service and technology fees are due 30 days prior to the start of training; failure to pay will result in removal from the program.
- Second half of the tuition is due by the mid-point of the training program. Students with a balance due after the midpoint date in training will be charged a $200 late fee and may be dismissed from their training program unless a satisfactory means of payment is established.
- Written proof of approved funding to cover entire program costs may be submitted in lieu of payment.
Short term training payment process:
- To secure a place in short term training the application fee, tuition, books and supplies must be paid in full upon registration.
Fees: Student Service and Technology
There are two types of fees for long term training only, the student service fee and the technology fees, both are nonrefundable. The student service fee supports student activities and equipment and the technology fee supports network access and internet costs.
- Student service and technology fees are due with the first half of the tuition 30 days prior to the start of training for students enrolled in long term training.
Room and Board: Residence Halls and Meals
Students my opt to live on campus in one of two residence halls, Willard E. Dunham Hall and the Fourth Avenue Dormitory. Rooms are single occupancy with a shared bathroom. Meals are included in the room and board charges.
- Room and board fees are due for the entire term at the beginning of each term and must be paid prior to moving into the residence halls. Fall term starts in mid-August and spring term starts in early January; exact start dates vary from year to year.
- If a student moves out of the on campus residence at any time during the term, whether by choice,eviction, withdrawal or termination will be charged the prorated weekly rate or full-term rate (whichever is less). Student who graduate early will be charged up to the date they move out of the dorms.
Student Apartments and Off campus living:
- AVTEC has one, two and four-bedroom furnished apartments reserved for students. Students with families have priority for renting the apartments. Meals are NOT included in student apartment rent.
- Students may choose to live off campus and rent space from local landlords.
- Meal tickets are available for students living in AVTEC or other housing off campus.
Books and supplies: Textbooks and Consumable Supplies
Books and supplies costs vary by program and are a part of the cost of training. Books that are needed for training will be purchased and made available to students upon arrival. Consumable supplies costs cover the supplies students use in the course of learning during training. Supplies are purchased on behalf of the students and are available for use during the training year.
- Cost for the books and supplies purchased on behalf of the student are due on the first day of training.
- Supplies and tools NOT provided by AVTEC vary by program. Students will receive a list of supplies they are to purchase and bring with them to training.
Follow this link for financial aid information
|Tuition (2)||Technology Fee (1)||Student Service Fee (1)||Room and Board (4)||Books (Provided by AVTEC) (1&2)||Supplies (Provided by AVTEC)(2)||Items NOT Provided by AVTEC (3)||Total Cost|
|Business and Office Technology||$4,286||$325||$125||$10,804||$1,489||$320||$0||$17,349|
|Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technologies||$4,286||$325||$125||$10,804||$586||$6,930||$6,500||$29,556|
|Plumbing and Heating||$2,858||$325||$125||$5,402||$442||$1,250||$2,300||$12,702|