Student On-Campus Jobs
AVTEC has varied employment opportunities for students to earn while they learn with benefits to both student workers and everyone on campus.
Student on-campus jobs include: ceramics lab, snack bar, IT computer lab attendants, library aides, recreation aides, and baristas. Students generally work about 10 hours per week and earn $12/hour.
Employment benefits to student workers include:
- Workplace skills, habits, and references
- Convenience of working on campus
- Flexible hours compatible with training
- Income to support the cost of education
Advantages provided to all students include:
- Expanded library hours and recreation opportunities
- Availability of affordable espresso drinks, snacks, and limited gear on campus
- Increased opportunities for peer interaction
- Enthusiasm and new perspectives in campus workplaces
Who Qualifies/How to Apply
Students must be in good standing and remain so for employment to continue. Earlier applicants have a better chance to be hired for a desired position and some positions are reserved for WIOA youth grant participants. All interested students can contact Shannon Ryan at (907) 224-6173 for an application.
Student workers do not participate in retirement, leave accrual, holiday pay, and insurance benefits. There is no probationary period.